About the position
Our product’s users, all staff members at higher education institutions, interface with our text messaging platform via a responsive web application and iOS and Android apps. You, as a front-end developer, will have an opportunity to shape their first experiences with our software.
Maybe even more importantly, as a member of a very small team, you are guaranteed to make an impact as soon as your first day, even if it’s just screwing up the coffee. You’ll need to be both open-minded and willing to share your opinions - ready to learn and to teach. We won’t be the same team after you’re part of it; we’ll be better.
- Design and develop our mobile applications (these are Ionic hybrid now, but may not be forever)
- Work with other team members on UI/UX concerns, including design, interactive prototyping, and user research
- Work in concert with the rest of the development team to make new features a reality; coordinate efforts with folks working on the APIs, databases, and services
- Provide support for other team members in marketing, sales, client consulting, and support
Not required, but a big plus
Interested? Send us a note, and if possible, include a link to something you’ve built or your Github or anything else that might show off your work and interests.
- You have an awareness of and maybe even experience with some server-side development frameworks, languages, and patterns
- You’ve been involved in building mobile apps
- You have experience with WCAG and web accessibility concerns
- Any experience with higher education (software or otherwise)